- 30 - 45 lb per piece
- Seasonally sourced from Costa Rica, Florida, Mexico, and New Jersey
- Calabaza aka "West Indian Pumpkin", "Calabaza Squash", "Ka-La-Ba-Sa-Nan-Gua", "卡拉巴萨南瓜", "卡拉巴薩南瓜"
- Calabaza has a flat oval to pear-like shape. Calabaza is a hard shell squash with dark orange skin and prominent vertical ridges. The firm, yellow to orange flesh surrounds a large, central seed cavity with stringy pulp and small, flat, and hard cream-colored seeds. Calabaza, when cooked, is smooth, fine-textured, and has a mild, sweet, and nutty flavor similar to butternut or acorn squash. Calabaza squash is best suited for baking, steaming, roasting, grilling, braising, or sautéing. Calabaza is available year-round.
- Calabaza is firm and heavy for its size with no soft or wet spots.
- Calabaza is moist with no signs of bruises or cracked rinds.
- The rind should appear dull and the stem should be firmly attached. Shiny rind indicates an immature Calabaza.
- Calabaza should be stored at 50°F - 55°F (10°C - 13°C) with a relative humidity of fifty to seventy percent and no mist.
- The typical shelf life is no more than two to three months. Extremely low humidity may lead to excess weight loss and flesh deterioration.
- Calabaza is not sensitive to ethylene, a naturally occurring gas that regulates ripening, and produces a low amount of ethylene. However, Calabaza with bruises and cuts significantly increases ethylene production.
- Calabaza is sensitive to chilling injury at storage below 50°F (10°C). Symptoms include loss of flavor, water-soaked spots, and sunken pits on the surface.
Our commitment to freshness means we have high inventory turnovers. We receive tons of new replenishment items daily. Pricing is updated constantly to ensure that we are competitive and current with the market.
We will guarantee pricing 24 hours prior to your delivery or pick up date.
If you place an order on Monday for delivery or pick up on Friday, we will confirm your order with pricing adjustments on Thursday. A sales confirmation email will be sent to you with updated price and quantities once your order is ready for pick up or dispatched for delivery.
The generic brand is a placeholder for our new inventory, typically arriving the next day. There is a $20 deposit upon order placement to reserve the item. Our team will be in contact to confirm and adjust pricing as needed.
In the event that the brand you ordered is out of stock, we will substitute with an equal or greater value item. We may reach out to you if we have questions. If you have any special requests in regards to substitutions, please list them on your order in the "Notes for the seller" section. All items and quantities that are updated will be reflected in your final sales confirmation.
Preorder items are available 1 business day after order placement Monday - Friday and pending availability on Saturdays. There is a $20 deposit upon order placement to reserve the item. Otherwise, today’s selling price will be shown. Our team will be in contact to confirm availability Monday - Friday and adjust pricing as needed.
Returns & Refunds
Since we are dealing with perishables, time is always of the essence.
- Please inspect products for quality and quantity upon delivery.
- Please return any unwanted items to the driver at the time of delivery.
- Once the return items have reached our facility, we will examine the items. The product must be in the same condition that you received it - unused, and in its original packaging in order to qualify for a full refund. Purvey’d reserve the right to apply a restocking fee of 100% of the item price if the item is not in its original condition.
- Any approved refunds will be issued via your original form of payment before the end of the next business day. Please refer to your bank’s processing times.
*Preorder Items can only be returned to our driver immediately upon delivery.
If you've missed the driver, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of your delivery.
Any claims for damages and product issues MUST be made within 24 hours upon receipt of merchandise. Claims or returns after 24 hours of delivery will be honored only at the sole discretion of the Purvey’d support team.
Please inspect your order upon receipt. If the item is defective, damaged, or not the item you ordered, please contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Any pricing adjustments made must be approved via e-mail; otherwise, changes will not be accepted.
Exchanges for an identical item during pick up can be immediately accommodated, pending availability of that item.
Exchanges on deliveries cannot be accommodated and should be treated as a return. Please contact us within 24 hours of your delivery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the unwanted item, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
Please note that once you placed an order with us, we have reserved the time and product in our schedule exclusively for your order. Cancellations made less than 1 business day before the scheduled delivery/pickup date will be subject to a restocking fee of 100% of the cost of the total order.
To avoid the restocking fee, please provide cancellation notice at least 1 business day prior to the scheduled delivery/pickup date.
Orders are allowed to be rescheduled one (1) time. Once approved, the customer will receive a confirmation email from the Purvey’d Support Team of their new pick-up or delivery time slot.
Cancellations made after a reschedule will be subject to a restocking fee of 100% of the cost of the total order.
You can cancel your order or reschedule the time slot by emailing us at email@example.com.
No call/no-shows for an order will be considered a canceled order and will be subject to a restocking fee of 100% of the cost of the total order.
Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA)
The perishable agricultural commodities listed on this invoice are sold subject to the statutory trust authorities by section 5(c) of the Perishable agricultural Commodities Act, 1930(7USC499(e)(c)). The seller of these commodities retains a trust claim over these commodities, all inventories of food or other products derived from these commodities, and any receivables or proceeds from the sale of these commodities until full payment is received. In the event of the enforcement of our trust claim, we will seek to recover attorney's fees and the cost of recovery.
Recommended for the CALABAZA (SAMPLE)