- ~10 lbs
- Snow pea is seasonally sourced from Mexico, Guatemala, and Peru. The Peru snow peas start in late spring and throughout the summertime. In the winter, snow pea is mostly sourced from Mexico and Guatemala to primarily Guatemala in the spring.
- Snow Pea aka "Chinese Pea", "Xue-Dou", "He-Lan-Dou", "雪豆", "荷兰豆"
- Snow pea has flat pods with tiny immature peas inside. Snow peas are mildly flavored with a crisp-tender texture. Snow pea may be eaten fresh or cooked. Destringing pods are not necessary but are often done. Snow peas are usually used in stir-fries. Snow pea is available year-round.
- Snow pea with small, firm pods. Bigger pods are usually less tender.
- Snow pea with a uniform bright green color and no signs of decay.
- Avoid snow peas with black spots. The black spot looks like water bubbles on the surface of the snow pea. They will quickly spread and affect the surrounding snow peas.
- Check the tips of snow pea for uniform green color and fresh thin stem or cap. Decay begins at the tip of the snow pea.
- Snow pea should be stored at 32°F (0°C) with a relative humidity of ninety-five to ninety-eight percent and no mist. Surface moisture should be avoided unless the marketing chain is short and temperatures are kept below 36°F (2°C).
- The typical shelf life is one to two weeks. High humidity is essential to avoid shriveling and wilting. High temperature may lead to a decrease in sugar content and loss of flavor.
- Snow pea is moderately sensitive to ethylene, a naturally occurring gas regulating ripening. Snow pea should not be stored with high ethylene-producing products to extend shelf life and avoid yellowing and increased decay. Snow pea produces a very low level of ethylene.
- Snow pea is not sensitive to chilling injury and should be stored as cold as possible without freezing. The freezing point for snow pea is 31°F (-0.6°C).
Our commitment to freshness means we have high inventory turnovers. We receive tons of new replenishment items daily. Pricing is updated constantly to ensure that we are competitive and current with the market.
We will guarantee pricing 24 hours prior to your delivery or pick up date.
If you place an order on Monday for delivery or pick up on Friday, we will confirm your order with pricing adjustments on Thursday. A sales confirmation email will be sent to you with updated price and quantities once your order is ready for pick up or dispatched for delivery.
The generic brand is a placeholder for our new inventory, typically arriving the next day. There is a $20 deposit upon order placement to reserve the item. Our team will be in contact to confirm and adjust pricing as needed.
In the event that the brand you ordered is out of stock, we will substitute with an equal or greater value item. We may reach out to you if we have questions. If you have any special requests in regards to substitutions, please list them on your order in the "Notes for the seller" section. All items and quantities that are updated will be reflected in your final sales confirmation.
Preorder items are available 1 business day after order placement Monday - Friday and pending availability on Saturdays. There is a $20 deposit upon order placement to reserve the item. Otherwise, today’s selling price will be shown. Our team will be in contact to confirm availability Monday - Friday and adjust pricing as needed.
Returns & Refunds
Since we are dealing with perishables, time is always of the essence.
- Please inspect products for quality and quantity upon delivery.
- Please return any unwanted items to the driver at the time of delivery.
- Once the return items have reached our facility, we will examine the items. The product must be in the same condition that you received it - unused, and in its original packaging in order to qualify for a full refund. Purvey’d reserve the right to apply a restocking fee of 100% of the item price if the item is not in its original condition.
- Any approved refunds will be issued via your original form of payment before the end of the next business day. Please refer to your bank’s processing times.
*Preorder Items can only be returned to our driver immediately upon delivery.
If you've missed the driver, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of your delivery.
Any claims for damages and product issues MUST be made within 24 hours upon receipt of merchandise. Claims or returns after 24 hours of delivery will be honored only at the sole discretion of the Purvey’d support team.
Please inspect your order upon receipt. If the item is defective, damaged, or not the item you ordered, please contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Any pricing adjustments made must be approved via e-mail; otherwise, changes will not be accepted.
Exchanges for an identical item during pick up can be immediately accommodated, pending availability of that item.
Exchanges on deliveries cannot be accommodated and should be treated as a return. Please contact us within 24 hours of your delivery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the unwanted item, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
Please note that once you placed an order with us, we have reserved the time and product in our schedule exclusively for your order. Cancellations made less than 1 business day before the scheduled delivery/pickup date will be subject to a restocking fee of 100% of the cost of the total order.
To avoid the restocking fee, please provide cancellation notice at least 1 business day prior to the scheduled delivery/pickup date.
Orders are allowed to be rescheduled one (1) time. Once approved, the customer will receive a confirmation email from the Purvey’d Support Team of their new pick-up or delivery time slot.
Cancellations made after a reschedule will be subject to a restocking fee of 100% of the cost of the total order.
You can cancel your order or reschedule the time slot by emailing us at email@example.com.
No call/no-shows for an order will be considered a canceled order and will be subject to a restocking fee of 100% of the cost of the total order.
Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA)
The perishable agricultural commodities listed on this invoice are sold subject to the statutory trust authorities by section 5(c) of the Perishable agricultural Commodities Act, 1930(7USC499(e)(c)). The seller of these commodities retains a trust claim over these commodities, all inventories of food or other products derived from these commodities, and any receivables or proceeds from the sale of these commodities until full payment is received. In the event of the enforcement of our trust claim, we will seek to recover attorney's fees and the cost of recovery.
Recommended for the SNOW PEA